Saturday, June 9, 2012

Γεια σας από Κύπρος

Greetings from Cyprus! Well today is my first official day as a Cypriot! Cyprus is the most beautiful country! The weather has been in the upper 90s and HOT HOT HOT! The sky is blue and the water is clear and the beaches are white!

Anyways, yesterday when I got into Cyprus, my luggage was lost so I am still waiting to get it. Good thing I packed a few outfits in my carry-on! Once I got here, I meet up with my roommates and just hung out and got to know each other! We went to the "mall" which is actually a grocery store and bought some stuff for our apartment. We had an orientation yesterday where we met everyone at the GLS head office. Then we all came back and napped for a while and then went out to a bar right down the road from our apartment! Today we had orientation all day and tonight we are having a "family dinner" with all the other students from GLS. Tomorrow we are taking a tour of Nicosia and going to a museum! I start class on monday and have class Monday-Thursday from 9-2:30 with a half hour break in between. I am taking a Greek Language class and an Art History Class! Pics to follow sooon!

Cyprus is everything I thought it would be and MORE! Next weekend we are going to Pathos to check out the beach and more cultural stuff...CANT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment